To most of us, our dog is part of the family. We want them to live a comfortable life and we take solace in knowing they are content, happy or at the very least, comfortable. When we leave the comfort of our home, we often worry about what to do with our pets. Some pets, like snakes or lizards for example, require little or no change to their daily routine when we go away.
You can easily set a timer for a light and can even set an electronic feeder to disperse portions of food when required.
What to Look for in a Dog Hotel
There are a multitude of things to consider when searching for a doggy hotel for your fluffy little pooch. Consider these important factors when searching for dog boarding in Sydney:
- Safety – Do the staff seem professional, informed and passionate about your dog’s well-being?
- Space – How big are the kennels?
- Companionship – Does your dog like to sleep with another dog close by? Would your dog be happier in a kennel with other dogs on their own?
- Climate – How is the temperature controlled in the kennel? Is there air conditioning? Is there natural sunlight? Is there a breeze?
- Playtime – Is there a dedicated area for your dog to exercise and socialise with other dogs?
- Vet – Does the kennel have access to a vet 24/7/365?
- Services – Does the puppy hotel offer additional services? Many dog boarding centres offer training lessons, grooming services, herbal baths, massage services and lots of toys and treats to keep the fluffy puppy happy during their stay away from home.
Puppy Care for Your Special Pooch
Caring for a dog can be a lot of work. Ensuring they are fed, watered, exercised and mentally challenged while you are away can be difficult. Dogs show emotion more than many other animals and can make us feel guilty if we leave them for a long time.
Sure, leaving a dog for 24 hours is fine and won’t cause any problems, but any longer and you may want to consider hiring a dog boarding hotel to take care of your favourite four-legged friend.
Of course, location is probably the most important factor when searching for dog boarding services. Be sure to research properly to find the best local dog boarding centre near you.